iCandi

Sunday, July 09, 2006

brown pants and pink pointy kitty

Today I finished of a pair of brown polar fleece pants for my friend's daughter. She is about a size one, so I just drafted a smaller pattern than the size 2 pattern I've been using for Willow.

Polar fleece is a beast to work with if you are making a more tailored garment. I've been working with cotton fabrics quite a bit and if you want to do a hem, you can just press it over and it stays. Not possible with polar fleece! It also has a bit of give in it which means you have to be careful when you are sewing it, that your seams stay the same.

This is the finished product:



I also finished my velvet pointy kitty.

Velvet is one of my favourite materials, but it is not easy to work with. First off, there are the bits of velvet fluff all over the house from cutting it. Then it tends to slip a bit when you are sewing it, though this velvet didn't do that too much. Embroidering on it was not as effective as I'd hoped, the silk threads seemed to slip under the nap and hide.

Here she is:





I dropped them off at my friend's house on the way home from an afternoon out and they were well received. Apparently pointy kitty's tail is good to chew on!

Willow and I had a nice afternoon out. We met an EB member who has just moved to Adelaide, and her daughter, who is 5 months older than Willow. It was a cold afternoon, but a good coffee from CIBO fixed that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home