iCandi

Thursday, August 31, 2006

tantrums

I always thought that Willow started throwing tantrums at about 11 months. That was when she really started to know what she wanted and how to get it.

Today was a different matter though - we went to story time at the library where she got up and wandered off as she always does. I brought her back each time, then we did the colouring in which she paid a bit more attention to. When we went to leave though, she did the full on, dropping to the floor kind of tantrum. If I was the type of person who cared what other people though, I'd have been embarassed.

We had to stop at the shops for food for the park so that was more tantrums and total defiance. Nearly ran out into traffic. Argh.

She wasn't too bad at the park, her friends distracted her, but it is a bit hard to have a chat with my friends when one or the other of us are running after our daughters.

So today is that start of proper tantrums - ones that can't be blamed on tiredness, hunger or a dirty nappy. *sigh*

I will finish on a postive note though and write about Willow and the word HOT. Everything that she shouldn't touch is HOT. The laptop, sewing machine and over locker are HOT. If something has steam coming off it, it is HOT. Anything coming out of the microwave or oven is HOT. Sometimes food is HOT, but if we blow on it, it cools down.

So, by her toddler logic, if she blows on the laptop, sewing machine and overlocker, then she can touch them!

As much as she frustrates me sometimes, I am sometimes surprised by the ferocity of my love for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home