iCandi

Saturday, August 26, 2006

perceptions

Funny how our experiences mould our expectations.

Willow was 6pd3oz born, so she was certainly not a chubby baby by any stretch of the imagination. I've never been one to stress over percentile charts, but she's usually been on the 50th%ile for weight and 90th%ile for height.

So we bought her this baby doll which she will carry around by it's ankle, throw in it's pram, stand on to get things she shouldn't, all fun stuff. A was looking at it and observed that it really was a chubby representation of a baby. Now, I think I can safely say that I've seen more babies than him, so I said "no, it's actually a normal looking baby, we just had a skinny minny!"

2 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My three have all been skinny minnys too, well at least from birth until about 9-10 months and then they turn into giants!
But you are right about the perception thing. It really hit home when we bought Miss C a doll when mister monster arrived. I thought those chouchou dolls were a rather 'chubby' version of a baby. But then I compared the doll to the other babes in the nursery and realised it was skinny ds who was the odd one out.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger brazen's crafts said...

hehe i've had two premmies and a 10lb 3oz-er so i've had both ends of the spectrum!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home