iCandi

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

op-shop finds!

I hadn't been to the big Salvo's near us for awhile, so I popped in after I dropped Willow off at child care this morning.

This is what I got:


Top Row: Purple panne velvet, no idea what to do with it, some pants perhaps? Purple organza, a scarf. 3 vintage pillow cases, pants.
Middle Row: A Skipping Girl Beanie, I was going to put it on eBay, but since it is coming up to winter, I'm not sure how well it would go. An almost full pad of watercolour paper, good for printing business cards. Three paper patterns, two to keep and one to send to a friend.
Bottom Row: The contents of their button basket, I joked that I wanted to make an offer on it and the lady behind the counter took me seriously. There are some gorgeous bits and pieces in there. Four Get Creative Magazines and one Top Kids magazine, it is a bit early 90's but it has some great basic patterns.

8 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Cass said...

Candi, great haul you have there. I wish my local op shop had stuff that good

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Candi, what a fantastic score!! How much did all those goodies set you back? I love the pillowcases, very pretty.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

Nice finds there Candi! I popped into two of my local ones yeseterday, the first one had nothing - but I found some Top Kids in the second one I went to. Have to have that pattern tracing day soon :)

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow Candi, I bet you are glad you stopped in there. Everything looks fabulous, I haven't had a haul that fabulous for ages.Lucky you! Aren't button baskets just the best. I won an old tin of buttons on ebay and even though the postage was quite hefty it was jam packed full of amazing little treasures. And as for the top-kids mag, that little sweatshirt on the front looks like a great basic pattern, so I am sure there are lots more hiding inside.
ps there is a package headed your way ;-)

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Leah said...

Well done! Great lot of stuff you have there. Doesn't it feel great after you get a good deal?

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger brazen's crafts said...

wow, i'm jealous of the buttons! might have to look for a button basket in my local, i had never htought to look

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger candi said...

Thanks for the comments, guys!

The total was $25.50, the button box was $8.50.

Can't wait to get it, Ingrid. :)
Natalie, yes :) before the sewing shop crawl, so we can look for fabric for specific patterns!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger paula said...

wow what a stash. I am addicted to the op shop thing now

 

Post a Comment

<< Home